This week I talk about the pending arrival of GDPR
- WordCamp Porto – May 18 – 19th
- WordCamp Bologna – May 19
- WordCamp BilBao – May 19-20th
- WordCamp Kosice – May 19th Slovakia
- WordCamp Dayton – 18-19th
Segment 1: In the News
Segment 2: GDPR – What you need to know.
The Principles of the GDPR
The GDPR puts a real focus on transparency but also on giving people granular control over what is done with their data. It lays out 6 guiding principles:
- Data shall be processed “lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner.”
- Data shall be “collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.”
- Data processing shall be “limited to what is necessary” for the purpose.
- Data shall be accurate, kept up to date, and correct.
- Data shall be kept so it identifies a person “no longer than is necessary.”
- Data shall be “processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security.”
Segment 3: Tool/Tip of the Week